what people say about us
“When I think of everything we managed to achieve with our budget – we got such great value for money with your commitment and involvement.”NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
“We found it very easy to work with media co-op and ended up with exactly the product we wanted in the timescale we needed. media co-op demonstrated a real understanding of our clients and had an emphasis on the end user, which fitted very well with our way of working.”Advice Renfrewshire
“It highlighted to me that with media co-op, we have a meeting of minds, we agree on human rights, equality and diversity. I don’t have to explain these things to media co-op and that’s one of their huge strengths.”Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance
Fresh, clear, compelling film, animation, podcasts, graphic design, and branding for social justice and climate justice. That’s us.
We walk the walk: media co-op is a not-for-profit women-led, workers’ co-operative – ethical, sustainable and collaborative.
We work with the public sector, charities, social enterprises and co-operatives.
We’re a multi-award-winning team with a huge range of skills and diverse backgrounds. All of us have roots in the voluntary sector and campaigning for social change, and we’re here to help.
You can rely on us for creativity, commitment and quality. On time and on budget.
Co-production has been our speciality since 2004. We know how to support people to take a genuinely active role in media production.
Unlike most digital agencies, we’re driven by ethics, not profit. media co-op is a democratic business, owned by the workers. Our prices are fair, with no outside shareholders to rake off profits.
We believe in equality, so we all get same salary, whatever our job. We cycle, we re-cycle, and we buy from ethical suppliers.
We co-operate: we’ll combine your expertise with ours. People we’ve worked with comment on how refreshing it is to work with creatives who share the same values.
If you’re looking for media production with flair and integrity, we’d love to hear from you.
- Royal Television Society Award for Best Animation
- Amnesty International Media Award
- Royal Television Society craft shortlist for Best Editor
- Two BAFTA Scotland nominations
- Finalist in UK-wide Charity Film Awards (three times)
- Selected for Women Deliver International Film Festival in Rwanda
- Royal Television Society Award for Best Short-Form Content
- Finalist in SCVO Charity Awards ‘Cracking Campaign’ category
- Shortlisted as Co-ops UK Co-operative of the Year
- Royal Television Society Scotland craft shortlist for Best Animation
- Shortlisted Best Charity Film at UK-wide Third Sector Awards
- Selected for SCINEMA International Science Film Festival in Australia
- Gold Plaque at Chicago International Film Festival (twice)
- MVLS Engagement with Research Wellcome Award
- Selected for Just Film Festival
- Torc for Best Educational Film at Celtic Media Festival
- Oxfam/Amnesty/NUJ Positive Images of Asylum Award
- Best Film Award at the Haelo Festival for UK Public Sector films
Executive Producer, Director, Facilitator
Editor, Video Director, Facilitator
Director & Journalist
Producer & General Manager
UX Designer & Front-end Developer