It’s many years since Scotland’s worker co-ops met up – now it’s happening!
Come along to the Scottish Worker Co-ops Scotland Gathering on 27 October. You can sign up here: Worker Co-ops Scotland
Arrive at 1.45 for 2pm start. Gathering runs to 5pm, followed by networking at the CCA bar.
- Find out about the new Federation for worker-led co-operatives from across the UK, and how you can get involved.
- Get up-to-date on how worker co-ops fit into the current economic and political environment in Scotland
- Find out what practical support Scotland’s agencies can offer your co-op
- Explore future possibilities for worker co-operation in Scotland
- Share your thoughts on how the environment for worker co-ops in Scotland can be improved
- Network with other worker co-ops in Scotland
- Have a short 1 to 1 session with a co-ops adviser
All worker co-op members, start-up co-ops and the co-op curious (thinking about starting a co-op) are welcome.
Sign up early to book your place.
John Atherton from workers.coop
Suzanne Orchard from Co-operative Development Scotland
Liz McGuire from Glasgow City Council and Co-operative Cities
Speaker TBC from Scotland’s Cross-Party Group on Co-operatives.
John Atherton will introduce the new worker co-op Federation, being set up by the Worker Co-op Council of Co-operatives UK.
The goal of the new Federation, due to be launched in Dec 2023, is to motivate, educate and organise workers; and create a larger, stronger and more inter-connected worker co-operative movement. Find out more at www.workers.coop
This is an opportunity for Scottish co-operators to learn more, share insights and actively participate in the design of this new organisation.
It’s also an unprecedented opportunity to meet the organisations who support and promote co-ops in Scotland and discuss together how we can build a more dynamic environment here for worker co-operatives.
Networking in the CCA bar after the Co-ops Gathering.
Co-op advisers will be at the event to signpost worker co-ops or start-up co-ops to support or to arrange a more in-depth session. 1 to 1 ‘lightning’ (10-min) sessions with advisers will be from 5 – 6pm.
Click the Register button to book your place at the Co-ops Gathering.
To sign up for the optional 1 to 1 with an adviser, click here: https://forms.gle/qvAfiUGPtJoHXjjA9
If you’re not a co-op (for example you’re an academic researcher with an interest in co-ops) please contact email@example.com.